Roger Holmes has won 231 games in Georgia and Tennessee
Won a STATE TITLE and 8 REGION Championships in Georgia
WANT AN IN-DEPTH EXPLANATION OF WHAT THE WING-T REALLY IS?
- If you can only draw up the 3 or 4 formations that are all over the internet…then you have no clue.
- If you think it is Buck Sweep ran at a TE/Wing edge…then you have no clue.
- If you think that all of us Wing-T coaches do is DOWN BLOCK and PULL GUARS….then you have no clue.
The Wing-T is not a formation…it is an “If-then” system of putting defenders in conflict
If the Defensive player does this, then we do that.
If the Defensive player goes left, then we go left.
If this defensive player makes the tackle, then our next play call is…..
Coach Holmes draws up all the plays that are put into the Buck, Down, & Belly series, or “families”
- QB. What to do if he is great at running option. What to do if he is great passer.
- Why are the Wings are the homerun hitters. Jets & Counters
- Tight End must be a great blocker before he is a pass catcher
- Why are the Guards the MVP of the Wing-T? They make line calls, checks, they double team, they escape to backer, and yes they pull
- You can win a CHAMPIONSHIP with Guards that are 150 to 180 pounds.
- How many TOUGH kids do you have on your campus that weigh 150, 160, 180 pounds? Put them at Guard !!
- The Center has to have long arms. Why?
- The Right Tackle is the last pick on the offensive line.